10 March 2011

Hearst Piece

Last night I found out from my Prof. Keith Graham that I won 5th place in the multimedia competition of the Hearst Journalism Awards Program. Here is the link to the multimedia I produced about lung cancer on Rocky Boy's Reservation.



http://nativenews.jour.umt.edu/index_rocky.html

I feel like I need to thank all the people who helped me along the way. Thanks to Erin Cole, my tireless reporter who was with me every step; to my husband Patrick for watching the piece over and over and OVER to help me get it right; to Prof. Jeremy Lurgio and Prof. Keith Graham for their guidance, understanding and believing in me. Without them, I would not be the visual journalist I am today; and, of course, to all the people on/around Rocky Boy's Reservation for allowing me to stick a camera in their face and ask some tough questions. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment