30 June 2014

Grayson Knight - A Letter to my Six Month Old


My darling Grayson,
It seems like you've always been here. A part of my heart that has just become real. When I walk into a room and you smile, and do that little happy squeak - I can't even describe the joy that makes me feel. 

We're getting to know each other much better now and I feel like I know what you want/need most of the time. I love feeling in sync with you.

I love cuddling with you. I love nursing you. I'm so excited to start giving you solid food, although I'm worried that it will affect our nursing relationship. I hope that we can keep going strong for at least another six months.

I love showing you off. You are so darn cute. I love going on family walks. Me carrying you in a sling, and your dad keeping hold of CJ. We're working on extending our walk time.

When people ask about you, they often ask how you are sleeping.  I'm not exactly sure why people care so much about babies sleeping through the night. I know it's important to establish a good nighttime routine, and I think we've done that. I don't mind waking to snuggle and nurse you back to sleep. You're little and I know it won't last forever.

Here are some facts about you now:
Weight: 16.5 Pounds
Height: 26.5 Inches
Eyes: Blue-ish
Hair: Dark - the little bald patch on the back of your head is finally filling in!
Teeth: None yet
Loves: Blowing raspberries, sleeping on your tummy, fake sneezes/coughs (illnesses are hilarious), splashing in the bath,
Dislikes: Not being able to crawl, teething, when your bath is +/- 1 degree of the perfect temperature, wearing sunglasses.
Sleep: Still waking up 1-3 times a night

Now, some photos:
















No comments:

Post a Comment