10 October 2013

29 Weeks & The Big Reveal

This week's post is a little late and a little long because of all the excitement going on around here. If you follow the blog, you know that last weekend was our baby shower/gender reveal party. And if that wasn't enough, my mom also flew in from Hawaii to surprise me for the shower. I was SO surprised. Here's a little video of me (in my pajamas) realizing that my mom, who had literally cried on the phone with me because she was so sad about not being able to attend the shower, was actually here in Montana.


It was such a good surprise and I had no idea. Patrick had apparently known for months, and my sister had been instrumental in planning the whole surprise. It was amazing to have my whole family together (my dad and sister drove up from Oregon as well).

Next up was the shower/big reveal. My sister Maleea was the main planner extraordinaire for the whole event. There were so many wonderful little creative touches that made the event really fun. For instance people had to pick a “side” when they arrived–either team boy or team girl.

Best sister/shower planner ever.

Then there was the food. So much good stuff.


I, of course, was too nervous to eat. I couldn’t wait to find out what the gender was but at the same time I was scared of how it would change my relationship with the little life growing inside me. It would no longer just be the little baby that kicks me, but my son or daughter. Kinda makes the whole thing more real.

So after some fun games...

The ol' ring over the belly trick.

It was finally time to open the surprise box! I think my sister was planning on waiting until later on in the party to have us open the box, but after the Old Wive’s Tales game, I just couldn’t wait anymore. I had to know!


Finally the reveal! Notice my mom's expression in the background.
 It’s a Boy!!

And we couldn’t be more thrilled. I was anxious about having a boy, seeing as I have more experience with caring for girls than boys but I am so excited about the adventure of a little boy. I was planning on keeping his name secret for the most part, but Patrick was so excited he told everyone at the shower. And everyone on Facebook. And Twitter. So I guess the “secret” is out. Introducing our little boy:


And now finally for the Bumpdate of the week. Our baby boy Grayson is 29 weeks old and weighs about as much as a butternut squash (around 2.5 pounds); he now measures just over 15 inches long from head to heel. Billions of neurons are developing in his growing brain, and his head is increasing in size to accommodate the expanding brain tissue.
And here’s a few more photos, including a very, very special guest star and a couple of happy parents-to-be celebrating the news of their baby boy. 




Whew, that was a long one. Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment